QUALIFICATIONS: for The Salvation Army Angel Tree Program for anyone living in Jefferson, Shelby or Chilton County:
- Child(ren) 10 yrs of age & under
- Birth certificate of each child that will receive gifts
- Social Security cards of parent(s) / legal guardian and all children applying
- Picture ID of parent(s) / legal guardian
- Proof of income
- Proof of residency- power bill etc
IF YOU MEET QUALIFICATIONS – TO SIGN UP:
In Jefferson County, you may receive a referral from one of the following agencies:
- Birmingham City & Jefferson County schools: for school aged children, they get a referral from their school counselor if they go to school in a Birmingham city or Jefferson County school. Counselors normally receive referrals from The Salvation Army by mid-September and then your child will bring them home to you.
- Contact JCCEO- (205) 786-0674
- Salvation Army Social Services- There are a limited number of spots and they are given on a first come first serve basis. Call 205-328-5656 and then press “5” for more information.
In Bessemer, Shelby or Chilton County they take walk-ups during the dates of their registration periods which are:
- Bessemer – Oct. 7 thru Oct. 11, 2013 – 9am-4pm (1309 6th Ave. North, Bessemer)
- Shelby Co – Oct. 12, 2013- 9am-3pm (108 Plaza Circle, Alabaster)
- For more information in Bessemer call: (205) 425-4303, or in Shelby County: (205) 663-7105.
If you do not fit the qualifications above or aren’t able to sign up for our Angel tree program for whatever reason, we recommend calling The United Way help line by dialing “211” on any phone. They may be able to help guide you to other resources that are available. Good luck and have a blessed Christmas!