QUALIFICATIONS: for The 2013 Salvation Army Angel Tree Program for anyone living in Jefferson, Shelby or Chilton County:
- Child(ren) 10 yrs of age & under
- Birth certificate of each child that will receive gifts
- Social Security cards of parent(s) / legal guardian and all children applying
- Picture ID of parent(s) / legal guardian
- Proof of income
- Proof of residency- power bill etc
IF YOU MEET QUALIFICATIONS – TO SIGN UP:
In Jefferson County, you may receive a referral from one of the following agencies:
- Birmingham City or Jefferson County schools: for school aged children, they get a referral from their school counselor if they go to school in a Birmingham city or Jefferson County school. Counselors normally receive referrals from The Salvation Army by mid-September and then your child(ren) will bring them home to you.
- Contact JCCEO- (205) 786-0674
- Salvation Army Social Services- There are a limited number of spots and they are given on a first come first serve basis. Call 205-328-5656 and then press “5” for more information.
Registration for Jefferson County will be September 30 – October 8 at 2410 8th Ave. N. in Birmingham – Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, Saturday 9am-1pm.
In Bessemer, Shelby or Chilton County they take walk-ups during the dates of their registration periods which are:
- Bessemer – Oct.7 thru Oct. 11, 2013 – 9am-4pm (1309 6th Ave. North, Bessemer)
- Shelby Co – Oct. 12, 2013 – 9am-3pm (108 Plaza Circle, Alabaster)
- Chilton Co – Oct 29, 2013 – 91m – 12pm (612 2nd Ave. N. in Clanton)
- For more information in Bessemer call: (205) 425-4303, or in Shelby/Chilton County: (205) 663-7105.