Emergency Help: (205) 328-5656. We offer emergency shelter for homeless men, women, children and families.
1. Emergency Shelter – 2100 11th Ave. North- Birmingham (205) 328-5656
Men-Lines for newcomers/transients start at
Women&Children- Lines for newcomers start at 4:30 to get in for the night. Capacity: 15 families- normally full. Parents must meet goals-job, skills, treatment etc
Families-12 Apts-capacity is 36 people- can stay up to
2. Permanent Housing (205) 328-2424 Helping people to transition from homelessness back to housing. We manage them for one year after leaving us.
3. Homeless Prevention- (205) 328-5656 We help pay bills when we have the funding to keep people from becoming homeless.
4. Angel Tree- Christmas program-Partnership w/ the community to adopt needy children in the form of angels. Donated gifts are then handed out to the parents right before Christmas. We avg. 7,000 needy children every year.
5. Veterans Program- We house 50 veterans at a time until they can find permanent housing through the Veteran’s Administration.
6. Adult Rehabilitaion Center- (205) 252-8151 FREE drug & alcohol center
7. Disaster Services-
8. Community Centers (Corps/Churches)
Shelby County (They are also serving Chilton counties) 108 Plaza Circle, Alabaster (205) 663-7105