Volunteers are essential to the life of The Salvation Army. When you help The Salvation Army as a volunteer, you offer a hand of support to someone at their greatest point of need. Many of the people who have been helped over the years later tell us that simply knowing that someone cared was the turning point in their lives. Many of our past clients then go on to become volunteers themselves. Our volunteers also report a great sense of satisfaction and joy at helping others, making new friends, developing new skills and just having fun. We are working on more ways for you to get involved; for now these are some of the areas where The Salvation Army can use your help:
- Serving lunch and dinner at the Social Services facility
- Fundraising and clothing drives
- Assembling food boxes for families in need
- Emergency disaster services
- Angel Tree Christmas assistance program
- Kettle bell ringing
- Special projects
By donating your time to The Salvation Army:
- You will bring your enthusiasm, skills and new ideas to help the work
- You may carry out tasks such as administration and help with “legwork”, which allows Salvation Army staff to concentrate on their areas of training and expertise.
- You can help increase the public awareness of The Salvation Army, its services and its needs.
- You help ensure a more cost effective service, making best use of funds available to support the many services and programs offered.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around” ~Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia